The Mezcal Route
Teotitlán + Tlacolula Market + Typical Food + Mezcal Tastings
Experience a fun tour, discover and learn about Oaxaca culture through out its local people, its typical food, its colorful market, its crafts, its mezcal, and more.
We’ll have time with a local family of artisans at their house to show us how they make beautiful wool rugs that dye with different natural dyes, you’ll learn about the several shades and secrets, you will participate in this family activity with the lead of the master.
Be part of the local culture in a market walking tour where many native people from several towns go there to sell products that they make or grow, you can see them wearing their traditional clothes and speaking Zapotec, an old and native language from the prehispanic age. We’ll have the opportunity to buy souvenirs and savor different highlight local dishes and drinks.
Challenge yourself tasting more of 8 different types of wild agaves and blends of herbs, meat or two wild agaves in a mezcal factory where you’ll learn and see the several processes to get the elixir.
1 person – $150 USD
2 person – $83 USD per person
3 person – $61 USD per person
4 person – $50 USD per person
- English/Spanish speaking guide
- Private tour
- Travel insurance
- Cost of all entrances
- Courtesy drinks
- Mezcal guide
- Market guide
- Taste of Crema de mezcal
- Taste of Curadito de mezcal
- 8+ mezcal tastings
- Lunch food
- The breakfast
- Car seat
WHAT TO BRING:
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Credit card
- Food options are available for vegetarians and vegans, and people with allergies and special dietary needs.
- Weather conditions: Tour takes place rain or shine
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours before this tour
- Includes a kilometer walking at the market tour
- Menu subject to change depending on availability
- We have space for wheel-chairs and strollers