The Route of Arts & Crafts
Hands-on crafts workshop with two families of artisans and taste typical food
Participate in the making of the unusual black clay at San Bartolo Coyotepec in a family workshop. Learn about the carving instruments, prehispanic techniques, and polishing and baking.
Visit the colorful town of fantastic creatures in San Martín Tilcajete and discover the magic behind detailed painted Alebrijes in a relaxing Alebrijes workshop, while a family member of artisans assists you in painting your own Alebrije.
Explore Dia de Plaza like a local in a market walking tour where we will savor the taste of typical food and drinks.
1 person – $150 USD
2 person – $83 USD per person
3 persons: $61 USD per person
4 persons: $50 USD per person
- English/Spanish speaking guide
- Private tour
- Travel insurance
- Cost of Paint your Alebrije workshop
- Black clay workshop
- Market guide
- Courtesy drinks
- Taste of Crema de mezcal
- Taste of Curadito de mezcal
- Lunch food
- The breakfast
- Car seat
WHAT TO BRING:
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Food options for vegetarians and vegans, and people with allergies and special dietary needs are available.
- Weather conditions: Tour takes place rain or shine
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours before this tour
- This tour includes a kilometer-long walking tour of the market
- Menu subject to change depending on availability
- We have space for wheel-chairs or strollers